Thursday, January 13, 2005

Guess Who's Back

Yep, I am. After the election I decided to take a break from politics and news until the new year. I had finals, and big papers due, plus the election had exhausted me. So now I am getting back into the swing of things... and it has helped me remember why I took a break. I am already riled up and annoyed at the many ridiculous things I have missed and are going on at the moment.
The Tsunami disaster has been heart breaking to watch unfold on the tv the last 2 weeks. So many people losing everything they owned and sometimes everyone they love. A horrible crisis. What is so ridiculous about this though is the way politics is being mixed right in with the whole issue. Americans are being accused of being stingy by countries such as France, and Germany. What's amazing about this is that France is only giving 50 million in government aid, and Germany, I believe the last report I saw said, 30 million. The U.S. however is giving 300 million in government aid, not to mention the millions being given in private. Then today various news outlets reported that Indonesia is demanding that American troops leave their country. There have been pictures of people in the areas affected by the tsunami holding up pictures of President George W. Bush with the caption "Real Devil" under them.
These people have got to be crazy. Real Devil? We are giving the 2nd largest donation of government funds! We are giving millions more in private funds! Do I have to say it again? Our soldiers are over there making sure people get what they need, are being well taken care of, helping search for more survivors, and clearing the area of things that could cause more harm. They want us gone? Where are wealthy muslim nations like Saudi Arabia? Guess what? They're not gonna get the help they need from them. I am so sorry for the tragedy that has wrecked numerous lives, but I think the idiots that are yeling for American troops removal and calling America and our President the "Real Devil" need to SHUTUP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home